This is just a quick list for the almanac of the awesomeness that was 2013…
- Spent tons of time being a husband to Bonnie and a father to Lexi
- Officiated Tyler & Stefani’s Wedding
- Continued to love my job (teaching)
- Spent time with my lil’ bro Ivan
- Ran a 10K with Nick
- Played in a volleyball league with Lisa and Nancy
- Went running, biking, swimming, hiking, skiing, golfing, and camping
- Spent the overwhelming majority of the year gluten free (lost 15lbs)
- Took on 10 New Freelance Clients (while maintaining all existing clients)
- Posted 14 Journey Notes articles and 3 Video Lectures
- Started a Journey Notes podcast with Rockmore Devore
- Got my back fixed at the Chiropractor (Reinhart Chiropractic)
[There is obviously more that could be added to this list, but it’s currently still confidential ;) I’ll update the list when the time is right.]
All in, 2013 was the best year of my life, so far. I know I say that at the end of every year, but it’s 100% true… Getting married was awesome (2009), but not as awesome as being married (2010-present), and seeing Lexi’s birth was amazing (2012), but not as amazing as watching her grow up (2013-present).
In general, the year was spent with Bonnie, building a foundation of love and support for Lexi. The late night outings with fellas were replaced with family dinner, bath time, bed time, and primetime tv. Definitely a different stage of life, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world.
That said, here’s to making 2014 the greatest year of our lives!
[Until 2015 rolls around, of course.]
Happy New Year!