A wise person once said: “Happiness isn’t having what you want, but wanting what you have.”
Often times, I think we spend too much time focusing on the things we don’t have rather than enjoying, appreciating, and sharing the the things we do have. In my understanding, God doesn’t bless us just so that we can be blessed… God blesses us so that we can bless others with our gifts. From that perspective, I’d like to share with you some of the many, many blessings that I’m thankful for this holiday season in an effort to focus on the plethora of things I have to be grateful for and share with my neighbors.
52 Things I Am Thankful For:
- An all-powerful, all-knowing, gracious, merciful, forgiving, loving God (Jesus Christ).
- My wonderful wife Bonnie and her extraordinary faith.
- My parents, for their strength and perseverance.
- My 8 siblings for their guidance.
- My nephew Meissa for always coming through.
- My 4 brother-in-laws for taking care of my sisters.
- My 3 sister-in-laws for taking care of my brothers.
- My nieces and nephews.
- My wife’s amazing family.
- My friends (family): in Utah, California, Texas, Florida, Mexico, Costa Rica, Guatemala, India, Malaysia, and Canada.
- A job that I love.
- A church family striving to be radical.
- Strong legs to run down the beach.
- A strong back to carry in the groceries.
- Stong arms to hug my wife.
- A strong heart to love my neighbor..
- A strong mind to deal with the crazies.
- A free public school education (K-12).
- An expensive private school education (college).
- Nu Alpha Kappa Fraternity (NAK).
- RMD Life Ministry.
- Living in the greatest nation in the world.
- The most powerful military in the world.
- Freedom of religion.
- Freedom of speech.
- The right to vote
- The right to bare arms.
- Police officers.
- Community service orgs.
- Public Transportation
- The internet.
- The iPhone.
- Air travel and pilots.
- My dog Bailey
- My cat LoJack.
- Good shoes.
- A reliable car.
- A soft bed.
- A water resistant roof.
- Great hearing.
- Beef, chicken, pork, lamb, turkey, and shrimp.
- The beach / ocean.
- The (rocky) mountains.
- Sports. Sports. Sports.
Let's hang out!
If you're local, let's chat over a beverage...